about 2 years ago
A Message from Alpha Vantage:
Hi all! If you'd like to see this email in an easier to read format, check out the Medium post here. It is the resource for everything you need to know about the hackathon!All workshops, tutorials, updates, and announcements will be on the same zoom call: here is the link.
All code samples will be provided after the zoom call, you’re free to use it all in your applications!Resources:
Discord Channel Link (for any questions on getting teams, help on code, etc)
Devpost Link (for submissions, updates, judging, registration)
Github for code samples (that go along with workshops)
Zoom call link (for live workshops)
All times are in EST. Code samples will be in Solidity and Python.
Workshops are targeted for people who have a little software engineering experience, but all are welcome to come!Friday May 29th:
- 9:00AM — 9:30AM Welcome Call!
- 9:30AM Hacking Begins
Be sure to sign up on Devpost, as that’s what we will be using for submissions.
- 10:00AM — 11:00AM Smart Contracts and Blockchain crash course
- 11:00AM — 12:00PM Getting external data on the blockchain
- 12:00PM — 1:00PM Chainlink office hours (come with any Chainlink/oracle related questions)
- 2:00PM — 3:00PM Algorithmic/Automated trading and Fintech crash course
- 3:00PM — 4:00PM Plotting data with Pandas/Numpy and looking for patterns in python
- 4:00PM — 5:00PM Alpha Vantage office hours (come with any Alpha Vantage/fintech data related questions!)
- 5:30PM — 7:30PM Team finalization (Non-zoom call. Reach out in the discord channel if you’re looking for a team. Ideally you should each set up a video call to greet each other first!)
- 7:30PM — 8:00PM Day one good luck thoughts (zoom call)
- 9:00AM — 10:00AM Getting more interesting data (random numbers, timing)
- 10:00AM — 11:00AM Connecting to a front end (nodejs)
- 2:00PM — 3:00PM Backtesting and Sharpe ratio calculation (python)
- 3:00PM — 4:00PM Connecting to a paper trader (python)
- 4:00PM — 5:00PM Office hours of ANY kind!
- Feel free to reach out to me or anyone in the community for help!
- Hack hack hack!!!!
- 3:00PM All projects are due!!!
- 3:30PM — 6:30PM Judging
- 7:00PM Winners Announced!
Each submission should include a 5–7 minute video describing your project and source code. Optional: Link to working demo.
There are 2 main tracks for entrants
As well as two additional prizes
- Judges Pick
- Rookie award
Please see the rules for more information.
If you have any questions about the hackathon, please post on the discussion forum.